To get involved with SPARC, you can start by following us on Facebook.com/pclSPARC
Contact the Chair: Heather Fritzinger~ email@example.com
Come to our next meeting:
SPARC is a self advocacy group established in 2001. It is facilitated by Partnerships in Community Living, Inc., a not-for-profit organization dedicated to expanding the horizons and enhancing the quality of lives of people with disabilities.
What is SPARC?
- A self advocacy group that is made up of people with developmental disabilities who share a desire to change the way people with disabilities are seen by society.
- It is comprised of, and governed by, self advocates who make all the decisions that govern the activities, finances, time and education of its members.
- SPARC meets once a month to discuss local and national level issues that affect people with disabilities.
- Emphasis is placed on social development, cooperation, and building self esteem through shared accomplishments.
- SPARC was established in 2001 and is facilitated by Partnerships in Community Living, Inc., a not-for-profit organization dedicated to expanding the horizons and enhancing the quality of lives of people with disabilities.
- All people are equal
- All people have the right to make choices in all areas of their lives
- All people have the responsibility to honor their agreements
- All people have the right to speak honestly without fear of punishment
- All people have the responsibility to be polite to others even when they don’t agree
Meet our officers:
Shannon has been with SPARC since it started in 2001, and has also been an officer since the beginning. Shannon likes being involved as an officer because she likes helping with everything, including fundraisers, activities and events. Shannon likes that officers from both the Polk/Marion county site and Linn/Benton site come together every other month.