The goal of the Health Services Department is to assist in promoting and maintaining the optimum health of individuals supported by PCL and to promote the health of those who work for PCL with continual knowledge, training, and encouragement.
We offer many supports through our Health Services Department, including:
- Assessments and Evaluations by Registered Nurses (RN)
- Nursing Care Plans
- Risk Tracking Reviews
- Protocols: assistance with health related protocols
- Nurse/Client Relationships (long term or on a limited basis)
- Nurse Delegation: A legal process regulated by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) whereby the RN extends his/her nursing license to Direct Care Staff who need to provide a nursing task to a client (regulated by the OSBN Div. 47 Rules)
- Staff Teaching and Training
- Medication and Treatment management and Support
- Provider Visit Reviews: All Visit Forms are reviewed by the Health Services Coordinator
- Resource Referral: The Health Services Coordinator works closely with the pharmacy and other vendors of medical services to obtain what is needed.
PCL currently employs the following:
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapist
- Health Services Coordinator